11.12.2010

Well, hello there

It all started with a walk to the North Market for lunch on a beautiful 70 degree day in November. Inspired by the weather, my personal soundtrack due to a spiffy new iPod and an unfortunate amount of recent free time, I kept walking. Leaving the Short North, I walked down Front St. into downtown, snapping pictures of the unique detailing and stonework that I love about old buildings. I made it to the riverfront and the Santa Maria before returning through the Arena District back home to Victorian Village.

After spying some visitors that appeared to be from France, I decided to have some fun and pretend to be a tourist in Columbus as well. I've been a tourist in three different countries (four if you count Canada!), and have marveled at both the big attractions and everyday sights I've encountered. In 2004 I took my first trip abroad with two girlfriends, to Italy. Back then, I
actually lugged about 10 disposal cameras (!) with me, lugged them back and had them printed. Now that I've officially moved into the 21st century with a camera-enabled iPod (my new best friend), I love being able to take photos with abandon and instantly share them with friends. When traveling, it has always been the everyday street scenes and random architectural details that I was most drawn to photographing (that and the fact that people get mad when strangers take their picture). During my walk in Columbus today, filled with nostalgia, I realized that my home city has a lot to offer as well. I was surprised to find that I took almost 90 photos, all of things that I find interesting in a 2 mile radius from my home. There's a chance others might as well.

So, inspired by my blogging friend Cheryl, the great idea came to start a blog to share these walking tours of my Columbus. I'm proud of my hometown, and I can't wait to start sharing both my memories and my current experiences of Cbus. I have many ideas brewing, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! This will be fun to read. I have been wanting to start blogging again! Maybe you are now inspiring me to do the same as well.

    ReplyDelete